Founded in 1982, the Society for Vascular Nursing is a not-for-profit International association dedicated to promoting excellence in the compassionate and comprehensive management of persons with vascular disease. The Society's focus is on providing quality education, fostering clinical expertise, and supporting nursing research.
To provide a professional community for vascular nurses focused on advancing the care of persons living with vascular disease through excellence in clinical practice, education, and research.
SVN will be the premier vascular nursing organization whose members are improving outcomes for persons living with vascular disease.
- Excellence in vascular nursing practice through innovation, research, and education.
- Respect for individual member’s contributions, values, and perspectives.
- Advocacy for vascular nurses and persons living with vascular disease.
- SVN will be the premier resource for vascular nursing encouraging innovation in vascular nursing practice, education, and research.
- SVN will advance the science of vascular nursing, translate evidence into practice, and improve outcomes for persons living with vascular disease.
- SVN will position its members as advocates for nurses and persons living with vascular disease.