Are you interested in gathering a group of individuals that meet to discuss and critique research that appears in professional journals? The SVN has compiled a list of guidelines to get you started.
SVN Research Grant: Funding is available for project/research support in the field of vascular nursing through the SVN for a registered profession nurse who has been a member in good standings of the SVN for at least one year prior to the awarding of any funds. In addition to the application a detailed research proposal of the project must be submitted.
TOP TWENTY VASCULAR NURSING RESEARCH PRIORITIES
- Strategies to increase public awareness of the signs and symptoms of vascular disease.
- Strategies to increase public awareness of stroke warning signs.
- Strategies to increase early detection and treatment of vascular disease.
- Strategies to prevent amputation in high risk populations
- Outcomes of patients cared for on a dedicated vascular unit vs. a medical-surgical unit.
- Strategies to educate the public to help prevent the development of vascular disease.
- Strategies to increase public awareness on the adverse effects of uncontrolled diabetes.
- Strategies to manage chronic ischemic pain.
- Strategies to reduce healthcare costs and length of stay while improving outcomes.
- Nurse’s role in vascular ulcer prevention, identification, treatment, and education.
- Strategies to increase diabetic patient compliance with diet, exercise, and glucose control.
- Strategies to prevent wound and postoperative incision infections.
- Outcomes of nurse-run clinics.
- Effect of exercise on claudication symptoms.
- Strategies to increase patient’s knowledge of venous ulcer prevention.
- What is the patient’s understanding of discharge instructions after vascular surgery?
- Nursing strategies to facilitate recovery after vascular surgery.
- Factors that affect patient outcomes after major vascular procedures.
- Prevention of readmissions in high risk patients.
- Prevention of deep vein thrombosis in high risk patients.