2022 Vascular Nurses Week
September 4-10, 2022.
SVN is excited to celebrate Vascular Nurses Week, September 4-10, 2022!
We encourage you to share words of inspiration and small acts of kindness with your team during this week. It’s important to celebrate, be inspired by each other, and share the hard work and quality of care that you provide every single day. Thank you for being part of our community and demonstrating your ongoing commitment to the specialty.
Join the global celebration and use the hashtag #IAMSVN to share your passion for vascular nursing!
Here are some ways to show your support for Vascular Nurses
- Obtain a proclamation from the mayor of your town proclaiming National Vascular Nurses Week.
- Develop a calendar of events
- Plan to honor your colleagues with a recognition award (certificate or plaque)
- Solicit nominations for a special recognition and present the nominee with a plaque during a reception or dinner
- Plan a special celebration lunch to network with your colleagues
- Design a special poster that highlights the role of the vascular nurse and display at local hospitals or libraries
- Invite local government officials to planned events
- Write articles or letters to the editor about current nursing or healthcare topics affecting patients with vascular diseases
- Ask local radio stations to make announcements during National Vascular Nurses Week
- Use TV, radio, and newspaper community bulletin boards to announce your activities
- Host a fundraiser (e.g., walk-a-thon) and donate the money to the Judith Troyer Caudle Memorial fund
- Order and distribute the SVN patient education booklets and tear off sheets