SVN’s mission is to advance the care of persons living with vascular disease and now you have the opportunity to join the cause. There are a number of ways to show your support for the nurses working tirelessly to provide a better quality of life for those affected by vascular disease.
By contributing to a campaign, you’ll help ensure that our work continues. Online donations are quick and easy using our secure credit card transactions. We invite you to join us in showing your support for vascular nurses who change lives every day and make a difference for patients suffering with vascular disease.
Vascular Nurses Week will take place September 10-16, 2017.
As part of the celebration, the Society for Vascular Surgery is inviting SVN members to join the SVS as affiliates, with the application fee waived through October 16, 2017. To take advantage of this offer, complete the SVN affiliate membership application with the required documentation, and send it to email@example.com.
In honor of Vascular Nurses Week, the Society for Vascular Surgery, has shared with us a letter from its President, R. Clement Darling, III. Please feel free to print out the letter and share with your colleagues.
Here are some ways to show your support for Vascular Nurses
- Obtain a proclamation from the mayor of your town proclaiming National Vascular Nurses Week.
- Develop a calendar of events
- Plan to honor your colleagues with a recognition award (certificate or plaque)
- Solicit nominations for a special recognition and present the nominee with a plaque during a reception or dinner
- Plan a special celebration lunch to network with your colleagues
- Design a special poster that highlights the role of the vascular nurse and display at local hospitals or libraries
- Invite local government officials to planned events
- Write articles or letters to the editor about current nursing or healthcare topics affecting patients with vascular diseases
- Ask local radio stations to make announcements during National Vascular Nurses Week
- Use TV, radio, and newspaper community bulletin boards to announce your activities
- Host a fundraiser (e.g., walk-a-thon) and donate the money to the Judith Troyer Caudle Memorial fund
- Order and distribute the SVN patient education booklets and tear off sheets
Work with your local SVN Chapter or your unit staff and…
- Form a local Vascular Nurses Week Planning Committee. If possible, solicit volunteers from several local facilities.
- Designate a media liaison from the Planning Committee. This individual will be responsible for notifying the news media of the planned activities. This individual should be willing to discuss current issues with the media, write press releases, and send thank you letters (e.g., mayor thanking him/her for proclamation, officials attending reception, media).