Vascular Nurses Week will take place September 6-12, 2020.
Thank you to all of our vascular nurses!
The SVN is proud to honor vascular nurses throughout the year, but especially during Vascular Nurses Week.
Join us September 6-12 as we celebrate the commitment and dedication that vascular nurses display every day on behalf of their patients! Their unselfish work to maintain the health of thousands of people with circulatory disease is the focus of this special week.
Social Media Challenge
This year for Vascular Nurses Week, we encourage you and your team to participate in a social media challenge! Ideas include:
- Teams of two: one person to measure the calf of the other person and properly select compression stockings. The second person would put the stockings on while being video recorded and timed.
- Have some fun and lip sync songs that speak to vascular nursing such as dialysis access (i.e. The Thrill is Gone)
- Highlight PAD and the SET Program
The ideas are endless! Start brainstorming with your fellow vascular nurses and submit your videos or tag us on social media. Participants in our social media challenge will have the opportunity to win prizes!
Here are some ways to show your support for Vascular Nurses
- Obtain a proclamation from the mayor of your town proclaiming National Vascular Nurses Week.
- Develop a calendar of events
- Plan to honor your colleagues with a recognition award (certificate or plaque)
- Solicit nominations for a special recognition and present the nominee with a plaque during a reception or dinner
- Plan a special celebration lunch to network with your colleagues
- Design a special poster that highlights the role of the vascular nurse and display at local hospitals or libraries
- Invite local government officials to planned events
- Write articles or letters to the editor about current nursing or healthcare topics affecting patients with vascular diseases
- Ask local radio stations to make announcements during National Vascular Nurses Week
- Use TV, radio, and newspaper community bulletin boards to announce your activities
- Host a fundraiser (e.g., walk-a-thon) and donate the money to the Judith Troyer Caudle Memorial fund
- Order and distribute the SVN patient education booklets and tear off sheets