Vascular Nurses Week will take place September 9-15, 2018.
As part of the celebration, the Society for Vascular Surgery is inviting SVN members to join the SVS as affiliates. They are offering an exclusive 50% off of 2019 membership dues for nurses who submit their application before December 1st. The membership form (pdf) is here. Please email completed forms to, and get more information at, email@example.com.
Here are some ways to show your support for Vascular Nurses
- Obtain a proclamation from the mayor of your town proclaiming National Vascular Nurses Week.
- Develop a calendar of events
- Plan to honor your colleagues with a recognition award (certificate or plaque)
- Solicit nominations for a special recognition and present the nominee with a plaque during a reception or dinner
- Plan a special celebration lunch to network with your colleagues
- Design a special poster that highlights the role of the vascular nurse and display at local hospitals or libraries
- Invite local government officials to planned events
- Write articles or letters to the editor about current nursing or healthcare topics affecting patients with vascular diseases
- Ask local radio stations to make announcements during National Vascular Nurses Week
- Use TV, radio, and newspaper community bulletin boards to announce your activities
- Host a fundraiser (e.g., walk-a-thon) and donate the money to the Judith Troyer Caudle Memorial fund
- Order and distribute the SVN patient education booklets and tear off sheets
Work with your local SVN Chapter or your unit staff and…
- Form a local Vascular Nurses Week Planning Committee. If possible, solicit volunteers from several local facilities.
- Designate a media liaison from the Planning Committee. This individual will be responsible for notifying the news media of the planned activities. This individual should be willing to discuss current issues with the media, write press releases, and send thank you letters (e.g., mayor thanking him/her for proclamation, officials attending reception, media).