TOP VASCULAR NURSING RESEARCH PRIORITIES
1. Processes to increase public awareness of signs and symptoms of vascular disease and/or lifestyle modifications used to reduce risk of vascular disease development
2. Strategies to increase public awareness of stroke warning signs
3. Methods to increase public awareness of the vascular adverse effects of uncontrolled diabetes
4. Concepts to increase early detection and treatment of vascular disease
5. Practices to prevent amputation in high risk vascular populations
6. Outcomes of patients cared for on a dedicated vascular unit vs. a medical-surgical unit
7. Approaches to manage chronic ischemic pain
8. Methods to reduce healthcare costs and length of stay while improving outcomes
9. Techniques to prevent, identify and treat ulcers related to peripheral vascular disease
10. Processes to increase compliance with diet, exercise, and glucose control in vascular patients with diabetes
11. Strategies to prevent wound and surgical site infections
12. Outcomes of nurse-run clinics as they relate to the vascular patient population
13. Effect of exercise on functional status in patients with peripheral vascular disease
14. Nursing approaches to facilitate recovery of the vascular surgical patient in the perioperative period
15. Factors that affect patient outcomes after major vascular procedures
16. Prevention of readmissions in high risk vascular patients
17. Measures to prevent venous thromboembolism in high risk patients
18. Factors influencing nursing competency in the care of the vascular patient
General Vascular Sites
About PAD sites
Fibromuscular Dysplasia Society of America
Peripheral and Arterial Disease (PAD) Coalition
VESS: The Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society
Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology
Society for Vascular Medicine
Society for Vascular Surgery
Society for Vascular Ultrasound
American Venous Forum
End of Life Information
TNEEL is an innovative, easy-to-access, teacher/learner-friendly package of electronic tools for palliative care education.
The End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) project is a comprehensive, national education program to improve end-of-life care by nurses, and is funded by a major grant from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
General Guides to Nursing Information
Find Nursing Schools and Degree Programs
Online Masters in Nursing Directory
A nurse practitioner support site
A marketplace for industry professionals
Nursing schools directory and career guide
Guide to Governmental Nursing Resources
Nursing Education Resources
Directory of Nationally and Regionally Accredited Institutions
Career resource for nurses searching for positions in travel nursing
General Guide for Medical Information
Vascular Disease Information
CDC: The Web site for the Centers for Disease Control. Here you can find publications, products, information concerning diseases and health risks, and prevention guidelines and strategies.
US Food & Drug Administration: The Website of the Nation’s foremost consumer Protection Agency.
National Cancer Institute: The Website of the International Cancer Information Center.
National Institutes of Health: Your connection to the NIH home page and personnel information, images, scientific directories, etc.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: Check here for updated information about discoveries and current research in neuroscience; news releases, funding information, clinical trials.
Health Care Financing Administration: There is patient and clinician information concerning Medicare & Medicaid regulations, reporting and fraud.
Department of Health and Human Services Consumer Health Information Division
National Library of Medicine/National Institute of Health: providing information and links on health topics, drug information, dictionaries, directories, and other resources (including MEDLINE).
MEDLINE: is the National Library of Medicine’s database of references to more than 11 million articles published in 4300 biomedical journals.
Military Education Resources
The US Service Member’s Guide to Academic Programs and Aid: Military branches and non-profits provide active duty service members, veterans, and their family members with ample funding opportunities for college.
Diabetes Action Research and Education Foundation: This site focuses on nutritional therapies.
Patient Information Documents on Diabetes: This government site provides an overview, a dictionary, list of organizations, statistics, etc. This Website is a patient education and clinical resource.